Alternate of the Committee of the Regions since:
Doris Kampus is an Austrian politician and since 2015 member of the Styrian Provincial Government. As Regional Minister for Social Affairs, Employment and Integration, she is responsible for the fields of disability & inclusion, poverty prevention, e
Your message has been successfully sent to the member!
Doris Kampus is an Austrian politician and since 2015 member of the Styrian Provincial Government. As Regional Minister for Social Affairs, Employment and Integration, she is responsible for the fields of disability & inclusion, poverty prevention, employment & qualification, child & youth welfare, integration and accommodation of asylum seekers.
Doris Kampus is currently leading the federal conference of all Regional Ministers for Social Affairs in Austria.
As a deputy member of the Committee of the Regions (EU), she represents the Austrian federal states in the SEDEC Commission (Commission for Social Policy, Education, Labour, Research and Culture).
Since 2016, Doris Kampus has been a member of the Federal Executive Board of the Social Democratic Party of Austria and chairwoman of the Association of Social-Democratic Academics, Intellectuals and Artists.
From 2008 to 2015, she headed the Department of Regional and Communal Development (public administration of Styria).
Prior to joining the public service, she worked as a managing director of one of Styria’s EU Regional Managements (Obersteiermark Ost GmbH) and as a consultant for regional development and project management.
She graduated from Karl Franzens University Graz (Institute for Translating and Interpreting).
Ministry for Social Affairs, Employment and Integration, competences
• disability & inclusion (support of people with disabilities including legal competences)
• poverty prevention (social security, welfare & benefits including legal competences, homeless aid)
• employment & qualification (promoting function; legal competences and employment agency services at national level)
• child & youth welfare (including legal competences)
• integration (coordination of regional measures to support integration of migrants, non discrimination; legal competences at national level)
• accommodation of asylum seekers (asylum in competence of the national level, accomodation and basic care for asylum seekers are – in cooperation with the national level - implemented on a regional level)